We are looking for a part-time Professional Officer (0.6 FTE) who can communicate effectively, interact well with other people and who can work as part of a team. The successful candidate will also have familiarity with the operation and ethos of a trade union, SNCT Conditions of Service and should have a sound knowledge of the Scottish education system.
The post is based in Edinburgh and attracts a current salary of £56,571 per annum (Pro Rata). A defined contribution pension scheme is also available to employees.
Travel and work throughout Scotland is an essential part of the post and thus a valid driving licence and your own transport are essential.
The principal duties involved are:
- Providing advice, support and representation to SSTA members
- Representing the Association at meetings and conferences
- Providing information to Association Panels/Committees
- Participation in the organisation of training events for lay officials and committees
- Attending meetings of members at District and School level
The Application form and Person Specification can be requested by completing the form below or by contacting SSTA HQ. Further information is available from the General Secretary.
The closing date for applications is Friday 6 December 2019 at 12noon.