The SNCT has agreed a number of proposals in relation to pay and conditions of service.
Agreement has been reached on:
- A two year pay deal for 2013-14 and for 2014-15.
- Short term supply to be defined as 2 days (from 1 April 2014).
- No cap on the maximum class contact time for short term supply teachers.
- An automatic 10% pay uplift for preparation and correction time for all short term supply teachers.
- The revised SNCT package arising from the McCormac recommendations to be implemented from 1 August 2014.
- SNCT issuing a statement on teacher professionalism.
- Working Group: a tri-partite working group chaired by COSLA to be established and tasked with identifying practical answers to common issues with availability of supply teachers.
The pay agreement for teachers and associated professionals covers the period from 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2015.
The terms of the agreement are:
Effective Date % Increase
Full details are set out in the revised Appendix 2.1 of the SNCT Handbook -Handbook Part 2 Appendix 2.1 Revised 03/14.
Local Authorities will be seeking to implement the backdated increase as soon as possible, likely in salaries to be paid over the April or May paydates. There may be some delay in the backdated increase being paid to supply teachers and those whose employment circumstances have changed during the year due to the additional complication
Arising from the agreement further changes to the Handbook and guidance will be issued by the SNCT in due course.
Acting General Secretary