The Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers (SNCT) has formally reached agreement on a three year pay deal (2018-2021) for Scotland’s teachers.
The SNCT (Trade Unions, Employers and Government) met on Thursday 25 April to formally agree a three year pay deal.
The Agreement (COSLA Revised Offer Letter)
- A 3% pay uplift for all teachers earning less than £80,000, effective from 1 April 2018 (backdated). For those earning more than £80,000, a flat-rate increase of £1600 will apply.
- A further uplift of 3% from 1 April 2019 (backdated until that date) for all teachers (no cap).
- An additional 4% increase, as the result of a Scottish Government policy intervention, to restructure the main-grade pay scale and all other pay points. This increase to be effective from 1 April 2019 and backdated until that date (no cap).
- A further uplift of 3% from April 2020 across all pay scales and pay points (no cap).
- The SNCT acknowledges and approves the offers made by the Scottish Government for all parties to work together to reduce the workload of teachers and to undertake joint activity to assist in reducing and preventing unnecessary workload through increasing teacher agency and school empowerment.
Additional In-Service Days:
- The SNCT agrees that 2 additional in-service days, to be held in the academic year 2019-2020, should be provided to allow schools time to focus on key issues such as workload, additional support and empowering schools.
All parties also agreed that the pay element of the agreement will be implemented as soon as is practicable.
The Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers has reached a pay agreement for teachers and associated professionals for 2017- 2018.
A 1% uplift in pay from 1 April 2017 to 31 December 2017 will apply to all teachers and associated professionals who are governed by the SNCT bargaining arrangements. A further uplift of 1% will be added from 1 January 2018. Full details are set out in the revised Appendix 2.1 of the SNCT Handbook.
Salary scales for previous years can be found below.
April 2011 – March 2013 – No salary increase
April 2008 – 2011 – Pay Review 2008 –Agreed Salary Scales
April 2001 – March 2004 can be found in the McCrone Agreement – A Teaching Agreement for the 21st Century